My current work in progress.  A study of chiaroscuro for class.  I didn’t think I would like this project, but it’s actually been quite fun.  Technically it has been a challenge, but I’ve learned quite a bit in the process.  I’m still working on the folds in the leather of the boot, and I will need to correct the eyelets as well.  The perspective on the goblet and block is off, it should be flatter, because I spent a lot of time redoing the boot over two days, and wasn’t careful enough in making sure that the perspective was kept the same between the boot and the other objects.

It’s been interesting working with while lines and areas of light instead of graphite lines and areas of darkness.  It’s a reversal that took my mind some getting used to.

Chiaroscuro Boot

[Update: I got a 98% on the project.  Final version is below]

chiaroscuro

Advertisements